MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: lufbra's feedback in showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have seen alot of people criticizing lufbra for being harsh or over critical with his feedback in the showcase forum and then in most cases ignore his advice but although sometimes he is blunt i have to say that i 100% agree with the advice he is giving pretty much all the time.

He says what needs to be said and often these are major changes but they do need to be done. He is obviously very experienced in this game and his advice is worth listening to.

I just wanted to say this because i think people get offended by his feedback and throw excellent advice down the drain which is a shame because it could be the difference between your forum succeeding and failing.
hey man why don't i get a thread in chit-chat

and yeah pretty much everything lufbra says is dead on and i generally post in agreeance with him

i wish he'd come to the themes section more because there's a lot of crappy themes that need some critique
The problem is people ask for feedback but only want to hear the positive things people have to say... which doesn't help at all. If you don't want an honest review don't ask for one.
KuJoe hit the nail on the head, many folks when "showcasing" their forums seem to only want to hear good things about their work, woe betide anyone who puts in a "critical" response!

I never want to sound "blunt", but if that's how folks want to take it that's their choice, I just try to be honest which is how it should be. Smile

The first ever forum set up I started out with was Ez-Boards. At the time it was great because it was free and simple to use at that time. Then they started a method of getting money, and the upgrades started to get pretty awful! So after that I got some free web space and set up my forum using Ikonboard. Didn't like that one bit so changed to phpbb. A few months later IPB released their first version. I didn't go with it right away as a "live" forum, but tried it as a "test" forum. What with their upgrades/updates going on, I decided to go with them. It was great for a while, then after saying their software would always be free, they started on the road of having the "paid" version. Reluctantly I went with the flow and started paying for their versions. but got kinda sick of it! Then I heard about MyBB, looked into the software (testing it on web space), liked very much what I saw, and here's where I'm now at. Smile

Quote:i wish he'd come to the themes section more because there's a lot of crappy themes that need some critique

Nah, have you seen the theme on my forum?!! Toungue
lufbra does a good job with telling the truth but he does it with a "im an banana" attitude. lol
So! Someone needs to tell them straight when they think they can succeed on a createmybb forum with the default theme lol
Hey, Lufbra, could I make a request? I could use some constructive criticism
(2008-10-05, 02:39 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, have you seen the theme on my forum?!! Toungue
Your theme is awful! But I guess it does fit the forum title. Smile
You know I'm sure there is a market for people looking for site reviews... I'm sure if you threw a forum together and put some banners on it you'd be in business for your thorough and honest reviews. Wink Hell, if I had the time I'd even consider it. Big Grin
(2008-10-05, 05:34 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Your theme is awful! But I guess it does fit the forum title. Smile

I've tried changing it, but the Members (what few there are) still do like that one.

KuJoe : Nah, I get enough hate mail as it is, without wanting to upset too many more folks, although I don't see why they do get upset at someone being honest.
Pages: 1 2 3