MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I close only Quick Reply Ajax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think he wants to type in the quick reply box, but get a friendly redirect message when it's posted, rather than having the post added with AJAX. Which sort of defeats the point of quick reply but hey....
I understand the need to shut off some of these ajax features. The quick reply takes away a page load which means less ad displays and can lower other stats as well. Some of us WANT more page loads. Ajax pretty much kills revenue.

I believe the ajax works off the ID tag.

Yes...tested and you just edit the template "showthread_quickreply" and remove this from the form tag near the top:

id="quick_reply_form"

Now your quick reply will function in the old method. Smile
Wouldn't you get more page views just using the full reply like Ryan said??

Full reply:
1. Thread
2. Reply page
3. Friendly redirect
4. New post

Quick reply minus AJAX:
1. Thread
2. Friendly redirect
3. New post

Even if the redirects don't count you get 1 more using Full Reply. Correct me if I'm wrong.
He wants what he wants. I would prefer regular quick-reply over full-reply myself but I want the page load. Also if you are using inline ads then full reply won't display those ads anyways.

With quick reply you will get an additional page load with inline ads. With Full reply you won't get any extra ads for inline.
You could also do Admin CP -> Configuration -> Server and Optimization Options -> Enable XMLHttp request features? -> No

But that'd turn off all the ajax
god damn why didn't someone suggest this for the quick reply stalling problems!

While I may not have the loading animation it's a hell of alot nicer than turning off quick reply!

THANK YOU!
(2008-10-15, 10:02 PM)jdmaddox Wrote: [ -> ]god damn why didn't someone suggest this for the quick reply stalling problems!

Maybe because it doesn't really fix the underlying issue?
Well it's alot better than having a stalled animation!
Quote:god damn why didn't someone suggest this for the quick reply stalling problems!

You didn't ask how to disable the ajax. Smile You asked how to fix the stall. hehe...

fyi...pretty much any ajax feature will get disabled by removed the id parameter in the proper xhtml tag. Ajax pretty much relies on the id to know where to do what.
Pages: 1 2