MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno about anyone else but the entire site has been down a lot for me recently, and it isn't my connection as everything else works fine, and it happens on different connections (and someone else just confirmed they had downtime too)... I did a trace route and there were some very big numbers (one was 200 ms which I'm pretty sure is way too high), and one request even timed out. I can provide this trace to any admins who want it (wasn't sure whether it should be posted here).
I didn't notice anything - not that I've been trying to access MyBB really.
But, every time I have tried it comes up, speedy as usual. Smile
No downtime here... Smile
(2008-10-04, 10:03 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno about anyone else but the entire site has been down a lot for me recently, and it isn't my connection as everything else works fine, and it happens on different connections (and someone else just confirmed they had downtime too)... I did a trace route and there were some very big numbers (one was 200 ms which I'm pretty sure is way too high), and one request even timed out. I can provide this trace to any admins who want it (wasn't sure whether it should be posted here).

Hi,

We've recently had a few denial of service attacks performed against the server - maxing out the resources (CPU, RAM etc) which may have prevented the site from being inaccessible. I've been in contact with SoftLayer to have additional filtering/firewalling implemented on our connection to help resolve this. The website was also down for a few hours around a week ago, and unfortunately the remote KVM/terminal access to the server was inaccessible at the time too.

Everything should be right now though.