MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOW TO INSTALL SHOUTBOX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody,

i don't know how to install shoutbox i put it in plugins then i activated it but it doesn't appear in the forum should i put a code in the header or what ?

i wan't the answer quickly
There's more than 1 version of the shoutbox. Which one did you download?
i have the 1.4.2 version
(2008-10-05, 01:50 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]There's more than 1 version of the shoutbox. Which one did you download?

According to a quick search of "shout" when in the mods section on the mybboard.net site, one result comes up: This One, so you may want to assume it, since the user is new-ish to the site, and possibly doesn't know about other communities that provide mods.
thank u for ur replies but i want just a something someone who have shoutbox on his site tell me how he installed it ?
i downloaded it from here http://mods.mybboard.net/view/spicefuse-ajax-shoutbox
I don't have a Shoutbox, but I just downloaded the one linked above, it has installation instructions with it...

Quote:Firstly, unzip the downloaded archive and upload the included files to the relevant
directories on your board as listed below:

Plugin/admin/modules/tools/shoutbox.php to /admin/modules/tools/
Plugin/inc/plugins/shoutbox.php to /inc/plugins/
Plugin/inc/languages/english/shoutbox.lang.php to /inc/languages/english/
Plugin/inc/languages/english/admin/shoutbox.lang.php to /inc/languages/english/admin/

Now you can install & activate the shoutbox from the plugin manager in the acp.

Important Notes:
- If you're installing this release candidate version of the plugin
over an existing beta version, please remove the shoutbox_pruning.php
file from your boards admin/modules/tools directory. This file is
no longer needed as the admin side is added dynamically by the
plugin. This was done to make future installations much easier for all users.

- Please see the included ReadMe.txt file for information about support, translation and
distribution of this plugin.
thanks very much on ur reply and i will try it
I know Spicefuse comes with a README I don't understand why people just choose not the to read the files that say "read me".

It's not just you but many others. So sorry if it feels like I'm attacking you.Heart
Hi, sorry for refresh old post, but i search in Board MyBB how to install shoutbox by Musicalmidget , on MyBB v. 1.4.2 but in "head" not a "foot" forum.
I'm fresh in MyBB.

Regards