MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost admin name/password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed MyBB 1.4 a month or so ago, did some set up, then disabled the forum. Now that I want to log in again and actually start using it, but I have lost the password and user name. Is there a straightforward way to reset the admin id/password? If not, I can just reinstall it, but I was hoping to save some time by not having to reconfigure from scratch.

I have full access to the file system via ssh/scp.

Thanks.
Can you just go to your forum and then view the memberlist to show all the users? This will show you the admin usernames. Then just take your admin username and use MyBB's forgot password feature. Smile

BMR777
Nope, I disabled the member list function prior to disabling the forum. Maybe I could look in a MySQL table for that? I'll try it.
I found the admin user name in MySQL, but the lost password function doesn't seem to work, I guess because the forum is disabled. When I tried it I saw "Hello guest..."
Change the pass through MySQL

To see all admins run:
SELECT *  FROM mybb_users WHERE usergroup=4
I changed the password field in MySQL. Didn't work. MyBB says that the password is incorrect... The field had a hashed value in it, but I replaced it with a password. Should I modify any other fields in the users table?

Is there an easy way to re-enable this forum so I can use the password reset function? I have full file system and database access.
MyBB uses md5 hash function, and also combined with a salt and loginkey.

Actually it is possible to make a separate password reseting, by copying functions MyBB uses in a PHP file and use as in UserCP.
(2008-10-05, 04:38 AM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB uses md5 hash function, and also combined with a salt and loginkey.

Actually it is possible to make a separate password reseting, by copying functions MyBB uses in a PHP file and use as in UserCP.

I'm not a programmer. I wouldn't think that getting access to my own forum would be so difficult since I have full access to the files and database.
I have done it for you.
You have only to write your password, and new data will be generated.
Then you should replace the data from MySQL mybb database, through PhpMyAdmin with the data displayed on screen.

You should replace from your mybb users table with the following cells:
1. password
2. salt
3. loginkey

http://neo.md.890m.com/mybbpass/ps.php
It is working ? Is your problem solved ?