MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: today my upgrade from 1.2 to 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I am doing my upgrade from the 1.2 version to the 1.4 version. Why so late? Because the theme I wanne use was not working correct in Mozilla.

Now I have some questions where I am afraid of.

1. Some plugins that I am using are written to the database like: moods, country flags and games.
When I am deactivate all plugins do I loose all written contents.
Are there hints to save them?

2. is it possible to make a upgrade like this
a. close forum
b. deactivate all plugins
c. make database backup
d. remove complete 1.2 from server
e. install new 1.4 (later update to 1.4.1 and 1.4.2)
f. add database back
g. run upgrade

3. There is one plugin that give and error by deactivating and could not be deactivate. What do I had to do?
1. You have to deactivate ALL plugins because they won't work with 1.4.

2. That is how you do a major upgrade anyway. Why not just go straight to 1.4.2?? You don't need to go to 1.4, then 1.4.1, then 1.4.2 Rolleyes

3. If it keeps giving the error just remove the file.
Quote:You have to deactivate plugins because they won't work with 1.4 anyway.

I undertand that but all those plugins are rewritten for 1.4
A new version is written for 1.4. You need to upload the new version when you are running 1.4.
I understand that I am doing my testforum for over 2 months now.
And I find out that the contents in the databse for the plugin for flags (written for 1.4) works in 1.4. This means all flags that users added still works. But the problem I do not remember how I do that.
(2008-10-05, 12:46 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]And I find out that the contents in the databse for the plugin for flags (written for 1.4) works in 1.4.

Well obviously the database content for the plugin written for 1.4 would work with 1.4 Huh But that doesn't mean the data in the database made by the 1.2 version will work with 1.4.
can I change 1,4 to 1,2 because users dont liked it
how can i do it
or maybe somebody have 1,2 v
Once you've upgraded to 1.4 all you can do is revert to a 1.2 backup. What don't they like about it?? Not much for the users has even changed.
(2008-10-06, 09:32 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Once you've upgraded to 1.4 all you can do is revert to a 1.2 backup. What don't they like about it?? Not much for the users has even changed.

they dont like new vershion because posts are showing different and not comfortable
Just tell them to change the view, that's much easier than going back to 1.2.
Pages: 1 2