MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving individual posts from one thread to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm probably just being stupid here, but is there a way to move posts out of one thread and into another - I couln't see the option either in inline post or thread options.

Cheers

Tom
Oops, just worked out how to do this - sorry for the pointless post
I'm new in all this, How do you move a post from one thread to another?
U can't move a single postConfused :/! u can move threads !

I can see that, but when I have to move one post from one thread to an another, is there any modification for that? I know I can split posts and move a few posts to another thread. I already did that. I just need to have that option like other forum boards have.
as far as i know this not available by default, and i have no idea about this options in the other boards so i try to make a mod

regards
Zaher, you're the best Big GrinSmile
did this mod ever get made?
You don't need a mod for this. You can use the built in moderation features to do this:
1) Using the checkboxes at the top left of each post, select which ones you want to move.
2) At the bottom of the thread, in "Inline Post Moderation" select "Split Posts"
3) Name the thread something like "test12345" and then split the posts. Copy the URL of the new thread.
4) Go to the thread that you want to move the posts to, and at the bottom in "moderation options" select "Merge Threads" and paste in the URL of the new thread and merge them.
ah thank you, it was the merge threads step that I didn't know about