MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How does admin PM everyone at once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looked in the wiki and saw how you can PM a group of forum members by typing in each name.
I'm looking for a way to send an email/PM to my entire group occasionally. I'd like the users to get an email with the message. I know the admins on one of the vBulletin forums I'm on can do this. One of the forums I belong to has at least 5000 members and I know the admin sends out messages to the entire membership a few times a year to let us know when registration for the yearly get together opens up or when the calendar goes on sale, I'm pretty sure he doesn't type each person in one at a time.
We will have some members who actually belong to our dog park physically and then I'm sure we will end up with a few online only members so I guess I need to learn how to make a separate group for those folks since someone in another state won't need to get an email telling about the date for our next member cookout or whatnot.
I'm thinking it's the Mass Mail feature, but want to be sure before I get started.
Thanks again all, very helpful group here.
Annette
Its extreemely easy to send a PM to all members. Go to the admin CP. Click the Users & Groups tab at the top, then on the left click mass mail. Then click 'Create New Mailing' and you can send the mass PM from here if you select the 'Send via private message' radio box
Thanks so much. I've been playing with it a bit. I don't totally understand some of the options about personalizing the message, but since I just started and only have 4 members, I'm going to do a few practice runs to learn the ropes.
Annette