MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I search all setting but cannot find the setting where I can change email notification when somebody post.
Now I get in every topic I post a notification but I wanne change that to only when people mark it in the forum.
In User CP --> Edit Options - Is "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" what you're looking for? If not, please describe your issue more clearly.
I guess at this moment everybody make a post in a forum he get a email about that.
Somewhere this function in the admin cp must do this.
In 1.2 I had it that people must mark something before they wanne be informed about a new post somewhere but cannot find it.
I don't think it can be forced on current users, only set for new users, they'll just have to change it in their UCP if they're unhappy with it.
For me the problem is that all members have after the upgrade (and all new members).
(X) Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies
Once they have change it is OK (I Hope) but I wanne change that for new members and people who did not visited my forum after the upgrade ( ) Do not subscribe to this thread/

example of how it is now (standard)
Thread Subscription:
Specify the type of email notification and thread subscription you'd like to have to this thread. (Registered users only)

( ) Do not subscribe to this thread
( ) Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies
someone helps me with this somewhere but I cannot find it anymore.
I looked at several boards but nothing.
This person did the modification that the standard function as you see here

( ) Do not subscribe to this thread

was changed in

(X) Do not subscribe to this thread
( ) Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies

Who knows this modification
The default setting is 'Do not subscribe to this thread'.... the subscription options in threads will be based on whatever the subscription method is in their UserCP.