MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 3 Stars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking over the announcements and seen the Donation announcement and it was rated with 3 stars Undecided why would anyone rate that below a 5? Maybe I'm missing something here?

I would highly doubt anyone that donated rated that thread a 1. So "if" that's true, "certain" people who don't donate must be giving the 1 rating. Puzzling because if your getting free software, secure software, and free tech, why would anyone rate this a 1? Confused
same people who blueberry about mybbcentral
When I donated, I never got a "thanks" for my donation! Sad
I don't think the rating system is taken or used seriously here. I think it's about time it was disabled all together - I know I would enjoy the extra space. Smile
Quote:I don't think the rating system is taken or used seriously here.

No but it's abused the same as the reputation system was.
I believe you are right Jesse. I like the rating system however and it may not be a good idea to disable that, takes away from what the guests see when coming in to visit MyBB. The member rep system needed whacked. That was being seriously abused agreed.
I wish there was an option in the Board Settings to disable the rating system all together instead of doing it on per forum basis. Sad
(2008-10-06, 05:44 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was an option in the Board Settings to disable the rating system all together instead of doing it on per forum basis. Sad
Yeah, or you could do it from the templates, but that gets a bit messy. An option would be nice.

I wish I had an option in my User CP sometimes. The width here is so small it doesn't really make sense to have the rating system enabled when it is not used correctly even.
Sure, it's a nice feature to show off, but when announcements get low ratings like that it makes new members think twice about what's going on.

Edit: lol - how ironic, look at this thread's rating.
Honestly, although it is being abused, it shouldn't be disabled. If you haven't noticed, community forums, like this one, are usually 'demo' boards for people exploring a forum software. If they see a bunch of features listed, but none of them actually appearing here, then they're gonna get confused...
i voted this thread a 1

take that
Pages: 1 2