MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck on config after install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got system installed properly; deleted the install directory and can get into /admin

However every time I try and make a change it re-prompts me 4 userid/pwd. when I get in (on the form I was on e.g. Admin/General Settings) it has not taken the changes I put in

I've tried to delete the cookes and tried from another browser
I also tried hardcoding the cookie-path via editing settings.php (which seems 2 stick) but doesn't make a difference.

I tried the check cookie recommended settings wizard and enter those and still no difference

it wants to use /mybb/ as the cookie path each time
(not that is the correct path behind the scenes but it is not used as part of the normal forum url)

also tried dropping down the Admin permissions from 3 to 1 in index.php (saw on another posting) but no difference

Help?
CHMOD settings all correct?
yes the permissions are correct - as per http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files
on my linux box
What is the URL of your forum??
Well get the /mybb/ out of there then, that isn't needed, and is why it's not working.
I can't

every time I override it via the settings it doesn't get save
its there when I come back into the form
looks like my 'saves' are not working

my forums is at /var/www/html/forums/mybb
i apache I have a vhost for forums.woodlandsfalconry.com
and doc-root going to /var/www/html/forums/mybb
and assoc dir
is that right

I c no errors in my logs
You have to edit it in ./inc/settings.php, then edit it in your ACP again.
Good - its working

I'm sure I had changed it in settings.php and it had no effect
must have had done it wrong

now working.... create stuff
now time 2 go play

where do I change the top banner to try and match my main site?

Thanks a bunch
Yeah if you change it in settings.php you always have to edit it again in the ACP.

Header template, or logo setting in theme settings.
Pages: 1 2