MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GAAAAHH! F**K You WinXP!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Vista isn't perfect either, hey, not even the human genome is. Toungue

It's to what degree it is perfect. Wink
(2008-10-07, 01:44 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I think he would be referring to my post.

That was an argument...

it was the truth Wink
Windows must have used more of your RAM than Linux. That may be a good reason why it is slower..
If u have 4 gigs of ram and use Vista it would always show as 3GB
(2008-10-07, 12:34 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]If u have 4 gigs of ram and use Vista it would always show as 3GB

That goes for XP also if you're running a 32 bit version.
Never heard of that being done in WinXP 32-bit
(2008-10-07, 02:32 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of that being done in WinXP 32-bit

Why couldn't it be done? It's just that there was never a need to. I would estimate vista uses about 256 mb of more ram than XP for running games as most games will raise the minium requirements by that. But the recommended will increase by usually 512 so vista is a hog of resources.

Plus when XP was out and in its prime there was never anything that needed 4 gb.Wink
Technically the most memory a 32 bit operating system can use is 4GB, Windows is limited to 3.5GB for some reason.
2^32=4,294,967,296
If only my motherboard could hold 4 GB...but..i got 1.5 GB yesterday so im happy.
(2008-10-08, 01:15 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]If only my motherboard could hold 4 GB...but..i got 1.5 GB yesterday so im happy.

What do you mean? I'm sure it can hold 4 as there are 4 gb ram sticks now. It's just whether it supports it.Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5