MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Security Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am using mybb1.41. I have created 3 user groups 1,2 & 3. I have also created 3 Forums called reflections 1,2, & 3. I have limitied permissions for group 1 to reflections 1, group 2 to reflections 2, etc

This works fine when visting the parent forum it successfully displays the correct forum for the group i.e. group1 sees only reflections 1.

However once you access the reflections 1 you can see posts from the other groups underneath.

How do I keep these secret from each other ?????

In the attached screenshot the user "gr1" is a member of group 1 and the correct group is displayed at the top of the screen "Group 1 Reflections". In the bottom of the screen post are displayed (and accessable) from members of groups 2 & 3 even though permissions are set to stop this.

Any help would be gratefully received.
To me it seems that the posts you see below in the screenshot are posted in the "Reflections" forum and not in the subforum "Group 1 Reflections" (or gr2 or gr3). As far as I understand you set the permissions so everybody can access and view the root forum "Reflections" and are only restricted on the subforums "Group 1", "Group 2" and "Group 3".

So it seems that those threads were just posted in the wrong forum if they were meant for either group 1, 2 or 3 alone. But maybe I'm missing something and don't exactly understand what you're trying to say.
I can't see any evidence in the screenshot of what posts belong to what group.

I have implemented controlled access on my camera club forum and it works well. Note that setting the right permissions is the key and you can make the parent forum visible only to those users in the groups covered by it or you can make it visible to all, but only those with the right permissions can see the threads etc.

I would suggest that you might need to tell us where your forum is and give access to the ACP to somebody to see how it is set up. If you can't do that, put a copy of your forums in a separate test area on the server wheer you are prepared for somebody from here to take a look.