MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: funny shapes on my fourms ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just move over to a new vps i was on lighttpd my fourm all work well but now i have update to apache beacuse i need mod_write all in see on my fourms is funny shapes
northing else

plugins i have

Developer-Tool: Hook-Finder
Miss You Email
Cannot send PM's To self
SEO Links!
Social Sharing Button

anyone have any ideas how to fix this i can still login to the admin fine

ALink to my site here so you can see what i mean
Do you have GZip enabled for your forum? If so, turning it off might fix that.
[Wiki: Help:GZip] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
no that did not work Confused
You could try disabling the plugins - one of these might be interfering with the encoding of the page, therefore leading to funny symbols.

Especially if there's mod_rewrite and an SEO links plugin - why would you possibly have both?!

Also, did your forum run OK before you installed any plugins?
I not add any new plugins at all i just add it to my new sever

i try stoping all the plugins but it made no diffents

very werid this is ?
Try installing myBB from a brand new installation. Head to the homepage and download the latest pack...

Chances are there is something on your new server's config that doesn't match your old settings. See if that works...
this is weird i just got my site working again as soon as i go add any mods it happens all over again

anyone now to stop this from doing this

i dont understand why its doing it

i got a files and mysql back up

i fixed my site buy start new with the mybb files and then my database as this seems the only way i can get my site up and running again intill i add a plugin and the it gose back to the funny shapes again
ps the database is in mybb1.4.2 eg the news verion of mybb
any one now what going and how to fix this ?
Well then it's the mod you add Rolleyes
for anyone that reads this i change my $settings['gzipoutput'] = "0"; that and re upload the fie it fix the problme for me