MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mass emailing 100 per hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im about to send out a mass email to all 1400 of my members but i have to work around my hosts email limit of 100 per hour. if i set mybb to send 100 per page will the process survive the 14 hours it will take to abide by my hosts requirements? can i really just send each page one hour after the previous and make it all the way through? i guess thats how its supposed to work but i just wanted confirmation before i start sending.
thanks in advance!
I thought the mass email system worked by sending out a few emails each time someone loaded any page on your forum?
are you being facetious?
No, I'm being quite serious. If it does indeed work like that (and I can't say for sure, since I can't remember) limiting the amount of emails it sends would be a difficult task.
there is an option when setting up a mass emailing to limit a certain number per page. i dont know what that means really though and im not sure what to expect once it sends the first batch
(2008-10-06, 10:42 PM)MrDoom Wrote: [ -> ]No, I'm being quite serious. If it does indeed work like that (and I can't say for sure, since I can't remember) limiting the amount of emails it sends would be a difficult task.

Yes it does.

(2008-10-07, 07:29 AM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]there is an option when setting up a mass emailing to limit a certain number per page. i dont know what that means really though and im not sure what to expect once it sends the first batch

You can set the per-page to something like 99 then edit the task to only run once every hour or turn it off and run it manually.

When you finished you can revert the changes you made to the task