MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Beginner questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm helping a friend set up a discussion forum, and myBB looks pretty good. A few questions:

- How easy is it to set the theme/color scheme? Can it be done in the admin control panel, or do we have to edit CSS?

- How easy is it to put up banners and set them so that they change every time the user goes to a new message or page? Again, can that be done in the admin CP, or is one of us going to have to learn CSS?

- Can somebody point me to installation instructions?

Thanks!
Hello Smile

Themes are simple - you download them from here, upload the images to your server, and then upload the .xml file in your ACP (this should also be explained in the theme's readme file).

That'll have to be a new PHP file.

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing
Or, this is what I created.

If it is suitable, I'd greatly appreciate feedback.
Thanks, that helps on one of the issues. One of the other people found a plugin for banners. Now I'm trying to install, and running into a few problems...

(2008-10-07, 06:47 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Smile

Themes are simple - you download them from here, upload the images to your server, and then upload the .xml file in your ACP (this should also be explained in the theme's readme file).

That'll have to be a new PHP file.

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing
Or, this is what I created.

If it is suitable, I'd greatly appreciate feedback.
What problems??
With the rotating banners there are plenty of scripts that automatically do this for you - just Google for rotating banners and pick one that sounds best for you.

I know there are some that automatically pick up images in a certain directory, and some where you have to specify each image individually.
Then all you have to do is tell MyBB (via the themes pages) that the logo is the script.
For example, if the script is called "randomimage.php" then that's what you put in, instead of "logo.gif"

Good luck.