MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't put smilies in signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And yes, that option is enabled.
Are there any other images in the sig?? If there are, the max image count may not be enough to allow any more, and smilies are counted as images.
Pictures are not allowed in signatures, yes, but smilies are allowed and enabled to be, so I don't understand what's the problem?
To expedite the process of answering the multitude of questions for MyBB 1.4, please include the following information when posting your problems:
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page <== please include
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)? <== please include
Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue) <== please include
Screenshot or error text, verbatim <== please include
Also, please read the sticky threads and search before posting your question.

Thanks for your cooperation,
MyBB Support Team
(2008-10-07, 11:13 PM)InFlames20 Wrote: [ -> ]Pictures are not allowed in signatures, yes, but smilies are allowed and enabled to be, so I don't understand what's the problem?

Well my understanding would be that if you can't have images, you can't have smilies. Try enabling images and see if smilies show up then.
Well your understanding is wrong :p
If you check Mybb admin CP you will find in...somewhere... two options, allow/don't allow images in signatures and alow/don't allow smilies in signature. That two options are separated and smilies should work without images enabled in signatures.
Well, maybe not, as smilies are classed as images. Having images off will say no to all images and smilies. Images on and smilies off will just allow normal images. Both on will allow both (obviously), but images off and smilies on shouldn't allow smilies, as they are images and images are turned off. Consider the smilies setting as a more fine-tuned image setting.