MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP! I accidently deleted my admin access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was on my forum's admin editing promotions and somehow, must of deleted the admin. I cannot access the admin (I am the only admin of the forum...its my site). Even my username now says im just a member.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this and access the admin again!? I think it might have to do with a config file maybe?

for info my forum is at escapethefate.net/etfforum and my user is etfnet.

Thanks in advance
Create a new account. Go into phpmyadmin. Then change the uid to 1 (should have been your old uid) in the user table.

Edit the "usergroup" in the phpmyadmin of your user to 4 (admin).

If you want you can reassign the old posts to your new userid as well with another query.

This assumes you have access to the database via phpmyadmin. If you don't then you are just screwed. Well..you can work around this if you have ftp access though. I can work up a script to fix it all.
thanks so much for the quick reply. I fixed the problem but it seems I get the problem again whenever i play around in the Group promotions.

The order of things I did prior to my problem: I deleted all the User titles so theres none. I basically want to remove the little text below users in my forum. Thought this would work.

Then, I tried to setup some group promotions, so that it would show the titles i made below the names rather then this user title.

But its not working. The old user titles are still there even though I deleted them in the admin, and I am not sure where these group promotion titles should be appearing.....