MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Post Icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm extremely new to this whole forum stuff and I'm trying to figure out how to change the icon that shows up when there is a new post to be read. I've been reading the Wiki and Forums, but I probably don't know the right terminology to look for! So, if someone could point me in the right direction or help me muddle through this that would be great. Thanks!
replace the following with the images you want in their place in your themes folder Wink.

on.gif - This is the one that indicates a new post

off.gif - This indicates no new posts

offlock.gif - locked forum
I hate to ask this, but...is that in the FTP client? Or in the admin panel?
Its FTP Client. upload On.gif Off.gif Offlock.gif to your theme folder (images/your theme folder) using any FTp client and replace old icons with new icons.
After you uploaded your new icons Press F5 on your keyboard and your post icons will be changed with new once Smile .

Have fun Big Grin
Thanks NetSage and ak47. Those will change what is shown for a post made by me too, correct?
Yes. That's correct. Your are very welcome Smile
Back to this one. I was able to put new icons in, but they were too big. So, I shrank them to a smaller size .gif. Now, even though I've put them into my images folder using the FTP client, they still aren't changing when I view the board. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?