MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Doesn't remember login when zonealarm is running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to login with zonealarm running on my computer (the newest version) it never remembers that I've logged in.

In other words, I'll put my pass and username in to login and then it'll show that I'm logged in but if I click on user cp it'll ask me to login again.

If I turn off zonealarm it seems to be working but I'm not willing to turn zonealarm off. I'm using the newest version of zonealarm.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I don't have any issues with phpbb.

Oddly enough it works fine on these forums here even with zonealarm running. Furthermore, if I disable zonealarm then login to my site then start up zonealarm again it works fine after that.
It may be because ZoneAlarm is blocking the cookies. Go into zone alarm and allow cookie from that site, or lower security setting to allow cookies.

If that doesn't work, login into the Admin CP somehow, go to Board Settings > Change > General Configuration > Cookie Domain/Path, and if you site is http://www.site.com/forums/ enter something like

Domain: .site.com
Path: / or /forums/
apparently zone alarm was blocking cookies even when set not to. I just downloaded the newest version (released a few days ago) and the problem went away.

Smile