MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member profiles outside of MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
since I'm building a community using MyBB as a forum and user system, I'd like some features like the member list, FAQ system and member profiles on seperate domains. For example I don't want them to be in the MyBB thumbnail tree, too, but in my website's. For smaller stuff like latest posts I'm building a template export system that displays template output over the web (which will be included over the URL) but I doubt I can display a member profile without running quite some much MyBB code. Also, cookies - I'd like to have a single sign on for all subdomains (www., forum., user., db. etc), but one can't set a cookie to .domain.com from its subdomains, right?

Can someone of you point me in the right direction for doing this?

Edit: Move this please, wrong section Confused
If you set your cookie domain to: .domain.com then that domain can be accessed by all subdomains.

You can grab profile data from the database directly without going through MyBB. The user details are saved in mybb_users and mybb_userfields for the custom profile fields.