MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a full length forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change my theme so that the forum is fixed width and centered. I managed to do this by editing some of the css. I also want the forum to be full length. In other words to have no padding at the top and to reach to the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know how to do this? I tried just adding a height:100% to the css but it didn't work.

Will I have to mess with the templates or should this be doable from the css theme code.

Thanks for any help!
In Body section of your theme, you need to put this stuff:
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;

As for centering the forum, it is centered by default, you only want to set how wide your forum is required to be.
Thank you for the response Chief. I actually had those in there but the forum isn't full length.

In other words, it just stops about 3/4th down the page. You have to have a high resolution to notice it but I wanted the height of the forum to always fill the browser window. (I'm running at 1600x1200). I thought maybe a height:100%; somewhere would do it but it didn't seem to.

You can see what I mean here

http://www.team-iq.net/forums/index.php

Thank you for the help so far.
CSS doesn't recognize height tag, so you can't set it. But the link you has given me is working fine with forum spaning from top to vanishing into the bottom pretty fine. I tested your forum in Safari, Explorer and Firefox on MacOS.
You need to test it at 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 resolution. If you test it in anything less than the forum is bigger than the resolution so you'll have the scroll bar.

In those 2 resolutions though the forum ends before the bottom of the page. (the white doesn't go all the way to bottom).

------ EDIT

Okay got it working in IE and FF

In the additional css section at the bottom add:
html{
  height:100%;
}

then add in the body section:
height:100%;

then add in the page container section:
min-height:100%;

That'll give you a centered forum which spans the entire page (top to bottom)

You will probably also want to remove the border-top and border-bottom for the page container. (border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0pxWink
whered u get that template?
I just edited the css myself in the theme. You don't actually have to change anything in the templates so it's very easy to do.