MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restore deleted thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok guys heres my question:

is there any way of restoring a thread i deleted by accident?
thanks in advance!
Nope.
(2008-10-09, 10:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Nope.

Short and sweet.

If you use a trash can plugin, clicking delete actually moves the thread to there, incase it was done by accident or you want it at a later date. Unless you have that, once it's gone, it's gone.
Hence the word, "delete"...?...

I agree with Matt, the Trash Can is a big feature missing from myBB, but I recommend you go get the plugin for it...
I guess it isn't there as the developers feel that if you want to delete a thread, you don't want it anymore, hence you deleting it, and if you might want it at a later date, you move it somewhere only admins can see. Basically it's not that common that a deleted thread is needed again, or that it is deleted accidentally. On the other hand, it can and does happen so maybe a trash forum could be added, at least as an option.
(2008-10-09, 12:16 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Basically it's not that common that a deleted thread is needed again, or that it is deleted accidentally.
One of your moderators going postal? Of course you can restore a backup if something like that happens (most unlikely of course) but still... I'd like the superadmin to give the definate green light ultimately (but I just posted a suggestion like that in the suggestion box Smile)
Well I wouldn't hire a mod if I couldn't trust them. Easiest thing to do now is get one of those trash can plugins, I reccomend crakter's, that's good and easy to use.