MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create a Forum Software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I thought this is the best place to ask this question. How to create a forum Software? What all should I learn to create one? It is been my dream to create my own forum software. I know it's built with lot of work and lots of coding. Please Reply! Wink
You need to learn PHP and MySQL and HTML and CSS and it will take lots and lots and lots of work, especially you will have trouble matching up to softwares that are already popular.

Maybe make your own type of software? Like not a blog or forum or even client desk, but something...different?
Download MyBB and study it.
Thats kinda what i did...look where it got me...
(2008-10-09, 11:42 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Thats kinda what i did...look where it got me...

wheres that?
Uh well its in development. Talk to repalace about Bubble Forums. Or you can go here at bubblescripts.co.cc
(2008-10-09, 11:53 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Uh well its in development. Talk to repalace about Bubble Forums. Or you can go here at bubblescripts.co.cc

Just so you know; I'm not doing it in competition to anyone or any company. I'm merely doing it to help give you an understanding of how your small script can be a potential enterprise software.
Best Regards.
Know i know.
Thanks all, I knew that you need to study php and MySQL but I was not sure, thanx once again. Bye!
In essentials, a forum script is incredibly simple.

You just need to make database tables for posts, threads, users, categories and forums.

From then on you just need to insert and retrieve data from the database. If you want, you can then add more features, such as BBCode, usergroups, plugins etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4