MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator problem - please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was changing/editing/deleting settings in the admin yesterday, and then all of a sudden something happened , I lost the administrator access (and Im the only admin). I then manually went to my database and changed my usergroup to 4 (for adminitrator), but whenever i log out and come back later, im a regular user again.
Huh
Can someone please help. thanks.
It looks like a few people are having a similar issue:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38637.html

So far there doesn't appear to be a fix. I wonder though if you reset your UID back to 4 and then clear the usergroup cache in the MyBB Admin CP if that will work? Just a thought.
Yeah there seems to be a few cases of this recently. I think we need to cross reference each case to see if there is something the same happening in all of the cases to see if the cause can be found.
We can start by listing the plugins of each to discount that's the problem. If someone does have this problem please contact me BEFORE fixing it. I would like to see what's going on my self and what the database says.
I can go through the threads about this at some point and see if there's anything in common.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38832.html
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38579.html

From my understanding it just seems to be there one minute and gone the next, at least for the first 2.

This is the default usergroup cache for admins:

[4] => Array
        (
            [gid] => 4
            [type] => 1
            [title] => Administrators
            [description] => The group all administrators belong to.
            [namestyle] => <span style="color: green;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>
            [usertitle] => Administrator
            [stars] => 7
            [starimage] => images/star.gif
            [image] => 
            [disporder] => 0
            [isbannedgroup] => 0
            [canview] => 1
            [canviewthreads] => 1
            [canviewprofiles] => 1
            [candlattachments] => 1
            [canpostthreads] => 1
            [canpostreplys] => 1
            [canpostattachments] => 1
            [canratethreads] => 1
            [caneditposts] => 1
            [candeleteposts] => 1
            [candeletethreads] => 1
            [caneditattachments] => 1
            [canpostpolls] => 1
            [canvotepolls] => 1
            [canusepms] => 1
            [cansendpms] => 1
            [cantrackpms] => 1
            [candenypmreceipts] => 1
            [pmquota] => 0
            [maxpmrecipients] => 0
            [cansendemail] => 1
            [maxemails] => 0
            [canviewmemberlist] => 1
            [canviewcalendar] => 1
            [canaddevents] => 1
            [canbypasseventmod] => 1
            [canmoderateevents] => 1
            [canviewonline] => 1
            [canviewwolinvis] => 1
            [canviewonlineips] => 1
            [cancp] => 1
            [issupermod] => 1
            [cansearch] => 1
            [canusercp] => 1
            [canuploadavatars] => 1
            [canratemembers] => 1
            [canchangename] => 1
            [showforumteam] => 1
            [usereputationsystem] => 1
            [cangivereputations] => 1
            [reputationpower] => 2
            [maxreputationsday] => 0
            [candisplaygroup] => 1
            [attachquota] => 0
            [cancustomtitle] => 1
            [canwarnusers] => 1
            [canreceivewarnings] => 1
            [maxwarningsday] => 0
            [canmodcp] => 1
        )

Maybe something happens to that?? Huh
(2008-10-09, 07:24 PM)jkellz Wrote: [ -> ]I was changing/editing/deleting settings in the admin yesterday, and then all of a sudden something happened , I lost the administrator access (and Im the only admin). I then manually went to my database and changed my usergroup to 4 (for adminitrator), but whenever i log out and come back later, im a regular user again.
Huh
Can someone please help. thanks.

same problem, and I'm even with the doubt

(2008-10-09, 09:31 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a few people are having a similar issue:

So far there doesn't appear to be a fix. I wonder though if you reset your UID back to 4 and then clear the usergroup cache in the MyBB Admin CP if that will work? Just a thought.

:l uhm
Quote:changing/editing/deleting settings

You shouldn't be deleting settings for the most part.

Again..as soon as this happens to someone...just stop and contact me. I want to see what's in the database. If possible your logs showing the last execute admin command might be very helpful. We need to know more than "I was working in admincp and then I was logged out". Need to know what you were doing exactly. What was the last execution. Were you in user groups? In settings?

Also how was 1.4x installed? Was it a 1.2x upgrade? Was the 1.4.2 a fresh install or upgrade from 1.4.1? We need more information.

People need to help with finding bugs by posting as much info as possible.
(2008-10-10, 02:02 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:changing/editing/deleting settings

You shouldn't be deleting settings for the most part.

Again..as soon as this happens to someone...just stop and contact me. I want to see what's in the database. If possible your logs showing the last execute admin command might be very helpful. We need to know more than "I was working in admincp and then I was logged out". Need to know what you were doing exactly. What was the last execution. Were you in user groups? In settings?

Also how was 1.4x installed? Was it a 1.2x upgrade? Was the 1.4.2 a fresh install or upgrade from 1.4.1? We need more information.

People need to help with finding bugs by posting as much info as possible.

1.2x > 1.4.0 > 1.4.1 > 1.4.2

but from 2 days ago that no longer happen to me.
Quote:People need to help with finding bugs by posting as much info as possible.

Okay here is what I can say.

I installed the 1.4.2 version from scratch. Never had it before up and running.

During installation I chose php 5.0 rather then 4.0.

I installed 1 plugin (http://mods.mybboard.net/view/private-me...ned-for-14). Havent figured how to make it work.

I deleted all the User titles (Junior member, etc)

I created promotions.5 of them. Saved it, as it refreshed it brought me to the login of the admin asking me to login. I was confused so i typed in my login. Nothin happened. Went to my forum logged in there, didnt work, requested new password, logged in, changed password to what it was and then noticed i was a regular user.
Where do you select a PHP version when installing?? I've done tons of installs and never done that Huh

What were these promotions??
Pages: 1 2 3