MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Bar In Header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is an alignment problem with the search bar in the header on the right side. It's going too far over to the right.

I'm using IE7 on XP Media Edition

Check image included

[attachment=11307]
I think this has been reported a few a time now.

I believe the developers just gave up and said IE has to fix it self eventually Toungue,
(2008-10-10, 02:44 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I think this has been reported a few a time now.

I believe the developers just gave up and said IE has to fix it self eventually Toungue,

Not a knock on them but it honestly makes no sense to gear things for FF users when MOST of the net still uses IE. Yeah IE is a pain but till FF fully takes over i see no reason to be steering in that direction. All this does is take away from the potential of the software. People probably see that and shake thier head. Looks real amature and not something one would expect to see at a site like this. As great as this software is it deserves better then that.
Yes, but usually a fix in IE goes against standards and breaks it for every other browser(which looks even worse as the people using these browsers usually are a more knowledgeable in the area).

I understand that most people use IE it's just some things are to small to fret over.
(2008-10-10, 03:07 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but usually a fix in IE goes against standards and breaks it for every other browser(which looks even worse as the people using these browsers usually are a more knowledgeable in the area).

I understand that most people use IE it's just some things are to small to fret over.

IF it were ANYWHERE ELSE fine. But not on a website geared towards webdevelopment or in this case forum development. Bad practice to ignore such things that may be seen by so many. Understand what i am saying? Smile
They can do what they like but i think it looks bad on them and this great software. Thats all i am saying. Small are not alot of people have noticed it. Looks alot worse on ie 6. It is a shame because it is a very nice header/banner atleast on FF anyways.
It's not bad practise if it'll always be broken for someone. Fix it in IE, it breaks everywhere else. Have it fixed everywhere else, it's broken in IE. It's not really a huge feature compared to some and I'd never noticed it until I saw this. And even if it is bad to leave it, it's not like anyone won't use MyBB because the search box is a few pixels too far to the right. With IE a website can hardly ever be perfect. The actual text box has square corners on the left in IE but rounded corners on the left in FF. Ooh.