MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to merge threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to merge threads, and it asks me to Copy the URL of the thread to be merged, every time I copy that URL it appears to be invalid. I don't understand why?

Any suggestions?
If you (some of official supporters here) need a test user account with moderating options tell me and I will sent you via PM.

Btw I'm using a SEO plugin so URLs are different than the usual, you can see by yourself at my forum.
Be extremely careful when merging threads. When I was a mod on a 1.2.x forum I merged them wrong, merging the old into the new did something different than merging the new into the old, and it completely messed it up, thread just died. I suggest you test it out in a test forum or something.

But if you're using the SEO, I might be tempted to disable that and try again.
I deactivated the SEO plugin and now it works fine. But that sucks, I want to use that SEO plugin and be able to merge threads Sad is that possible?
(2008-10-10, 12:19 PM)InFlames20 Wrote: [ -> ]I deactivated the SEO plugin and now it works fine. But that sucks, I want to use that SEO plugin and be able to merge threads Sad is that possible?
Maybe contact the plugin creator. I doubt that you will get support for MyBB if the issue is caused by third party software.
You're right, thanx everyone.
I guess you have to disable it, merge, and enable it again. As the merge threads option is default is can probably only handle default URLs, meaning it doesn't recognise the SEO ones.