MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing Ikonboard database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, please forgive me if this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find an asnwer to my needs.
I recently installed the latest version of MyBB on my sever to run our forum. We currently have Ikonboard 3.1.5 and the CGI files keep corrupting and failing to the point that now we can't acces the admin control panel, so basically we can't do anything to the forum.
We decided to search a new forum software, decided for MyBB for it's ease of use and extended admin and moderator capabilities, but we need to import our old Ikonboard database. Nor me nor anyone in our group is code or PHP savy, so we are willing to pay to anyone willing to help us migrate our former Ikonboard database to our new MyBB installation.
Is there anybody willing to help us? I have acces to the FTP and all the information needed.
Thanks in advance.
It isn't in the merge system and I would imagine it would be a monumental task to do it all manually.
well, I read that you can perform an import from Ikonboard to phpBB, and from there to MyBB 1.2 and from there, 1.4
But this is overwhelming for us.
Ooh well then I'd do that. Don't worry, the transfer processes are pretty simple really.
(2008-10-10, 04:21 PM)Elias Wrote: [ -> ]well, I read that you can perform an import from Ikonboard to phpBB, and from there to MyBB 1.2 and from there, 1.4
But this is overwhelming for us.
Can I assume that you are also the admin of MySQL and can add new databases etc? If so the best I think is to install a fresh copy of phpbb (the version that is compatible with mybb merge system) and then use the merge system to merge to MyBB. So first convert Ikonboard to phpBB and then convert to MyBB.

Converting databases is very easy with most forums, you just run a script which most of the times comes with a manual (or a wiki page). Click next a few times and your database is converted. Just be sure you always have a backup and you'll be fine Smile