MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys!

This might not be the right section, and I'm sorry.

But I got a problem. I'm trying to go to my control panel as a adminstrator, and it won't let me. it says that I don't have the permission to.

Why is this?
Looks like another case of someone losing their admin permissions. PM labrocca, he wants to find the cause of this.
Do you have any group promotions setup?
(2008-10-10, 09:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any group promotions setup?

now that I remember, I think that is, because I did something with group promotions and then I lost the the permission.
Ok I think it's becoming clear now that it is the promotions system. What exact promotions did you set up??
Give me sql access BEFORE you fix this. I want to see your promotions table and also your tasks log. That should tell us where this problem is. I have a feeling it's that there aren't enough safeguards to prevent changing of admins/mods.
Well, I have other permissions, like editing stuff, and all that, but to change my signature for example, I can't. And no, I didn't do nothing with the permissions
It's so tough sometimes to get straight talk from people.

So what usergroup are you in? What is 'editing stuff' mean? Can you edit others posts? You said you can't login to admincp. What about the modcp?

If you want my help any further I need your forum url, mysql access,ftp, and your admin account login for the forum. Otherwise this is wasting both our time.
(2008-10-11, 04:15 AM)khena25 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have other permissions, like editing stuff, and all that, but to change my signature for example, I can't. And no, I didn't do nothing with the permissions

Well if you're an admin surely you have all permissions??
Well, that's my question, if I'm the root main admin, shouldn't I have all the permissions??????????

Plus, labrocca, I didn't say I couldn't login in my admin account. I CAN login everywhere, but when I go to my UserCP to change my avatar or edit my signature, it won't allow me.
Pages: 1 2