MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete Usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me how i can delete a usergroup lol? I want to delete the Super Moderator usergroup.

OR if you can tell me how i can change how the usergroups appear on the user legend that would help too lol.
I don't think you can delete the default groups...you can only edit them.
Thats kind of stupid lol..
modify the plugin not mybb..if you delete Super Mod group you are screwed if you ever want anyone to have that access..it's usergroup 3 for Super Mods..
(2008-10-11, 12:15 AM)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me how i can delete a usergroup lol? I want to delete the Super Moderator usergroup.

There are some groups that have their ID hardcoded into the source, such as the Registered usergroup, Administrators usergroup, Awaiting activation, etc. If you try to delete these, you will end up causing problems like users not being part of any usergroup and thus having undefined permission behaviour, and other unknown problems. Although I don't think the Supermods group is defined anywhere in the source (only off the top of my head), for consistency we define all groups MyBB comes with as "default" and undeletable. I hope you understand this point of view Smile

You can move your supermods to another usergroup if you wish, and just ignore the default supermods group. This will probably give you the least effort required.
Yeah why not just ignore it and not use it?? Huh

As for changing the appearance, edit the username style in the group's settings.
Well because i added that usergroup lenged, and it doesn't give you the option of Changing the order -.-
No but you can choose groups to not show. To change the order just open the template in 'Global Templates', find the variable, and put your own HTML in.