MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I got it. I'm still not convinced that it's 100% "right", but it is up and running.

For whatever reason, I cannot get phpMyAdmin to work - the mysqli connection is not working. I also ran into mysql db population issues while installing MyBB - it looked like a couple of files in wwwroot were write protected? I still am not exactly sure.

Here's the big lesson for all you Windows guys with your own IIS servers: Do Not Install PHP (5.0.5) with the Windows.exe installer. You will kill youself. You must download the zip file that includes a lot of critical php files that are not included in the exe. Download the zip file and configure it manually. You will also learn something about php.

The php.ini is pretty straight forward, but you will be stuck on it for a while. I still am. Don't forget to fill in the values for [ODBC].

As far as manually installing PHP 5 on Windows (using IIS) is concerned using the zip file, go here:

"This tutorial will show you how to completely setup PHP 5 for IIS6"

Not sure I could have done it without those simple, no nonsense, directions.

Chris, what do I have to do to get the mysqli active?
Chris Boulton Wrote:Actually, MyBB runs fine on IIS - as i've said before, IIS is currently running on my primary development server...

It's actually the other way around - PHP needs to be configured to load the MySQL extension which is done via php.ini (C:\Windows or in your server directory/php directory).

If the MySQL module isn't loaded for PHP then you'll also find that PHPMyAdmin will not work.
Chris, are you running it with mysqli.dll under IIS, or the older mysql.dll?

I can install using the older mysql.dll, but not mysqli.dll. phpMyadmin (the latest) requires the newer mysqli.dll - and it is running fine. But, if I don't unremark the older dll, I cannot install MyBB.

Does MyBB support the newer dll? Thanks
Pages: 1 2