MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get a FREE MyBB Board!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2008-10-16, 01:53 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Dude 106, don't get an attitude here, you posted your sites here, you've got to expect comments good or bad about it!

IMHO, the "front page" of your website is very bland, and as far as the forum, it's just the MyBB default theme......It just doesn't look like you've put a lot of effort into it.

+1
Yeah, changing theme today.
EDIT: Theme changed.

I'm getting paid for ads.
This page is still quite bland IMO.
Yeah, but it's not really what's outside that counts, it's the hosting itself, which it's quite fast.
Well, not exactly. If I was faced with 2 hosting companies, there'd be yours, which may well fast and cheap but looks bland, and another one, that costs a bit more and isn't quite as fast, but has a really nice professional looking home page... I'd go with the latter. First impressions are everything. If the front site looks poor, people won't even consider it.
Yes, I know, but when users dont like the speed or support they will get turned off aswell.
I got about 50 regs in the course of one week. That tells me I'm not doing bad.
Many people get turned on with the word FREE aswell.
Your site is great! All you need is a good theme for your site, any theme goes well on "your" forum just get a free layout from somewhere until you have your own.
See someone who likes it :p
Thx Smile
One thing I find interesting on your page:

Quote:Live Statistics (Updated Weekly)

You do know those four words are contradicting themselves? Toungue
Also, three things about your TOS:

1) 'Anything I deem inappropriate?' Kinda strange to put in a TOS, how do they know what you deem appropriate.

2) You have several spelling errors.

3) You have to be 12 or over? If you are following COPPA, surely you mean 13 or over...
Yeah, made a mistake with COPPA there :p I'll see to correcting the spelling errors.
And the Live Statistics will be changed to Statistics.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5