MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question, about HTML in profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anyway to allow HTML in custom profile fields? Just checking, I thought there was a way. But, that was a few versions back.

Let me know if i can do it manually, by hand, rather than using a plugin.

Example: http://x-ind.com/board/member.php?action=profile&uid=1
Check on the right, where the video code is from youtube. I want it to actually display the video.
If it doesn't work as default I would assume it would need a plugin sort of modification, as opposed to a simple code edit. And we have to log in to view that link.
Hm...well, I'm not gonna pay for that plugin. I use MyBB because its awesome and, best of all, its FREE. Big Grin Labrocca has a plugin, I think, that does it, but why would I pay for it. With a little bit of help from the awesome members here, I could get it working without paying. Smile
I would highly recommend subscribing there, there's a lot of really great plugins for really a very small amount of money. But hey, that's just my recommendation. Overall, each plugin from there has cost me 33 cents.

If that plugin does do it (I don't know if it does or not), short of having another plugin, it'll probably be quite hard.
Definitely shouldn't pay to get something that is considered free. Doesn't suit MyBB, which is open-source, to have paid plugins and such. But, thats just my two cents.
If I could code as well as you guys could, I'd still make plugins for free.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation. I'll see if there is another way around it I guess.
There is.

Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> *expand your set* --> Member Templates --> member_profile_customfields

After {$customfields} add:
<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}"><strong>FIELD NAME</strong>:</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">{$userfields['fidX']}</td>
</tr>

Replace X in fidX with the ID of the custom profile field.

As always, there are "security issues" with allowing users to post HTML to pages, so use at your discretion.
Does allowing HTML also enable <script>?? I think it does, and that could open you up to all kinds of things I'd imagine.
Thanks DennisTT,
In using that, can't I adjust to use only youtube coding? Toungue That would fix a lot of security errors.
I've modified the code a bit to my liking. Now, a user can only input text, instead of html. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2