MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: KDE Launches User Forum, Powered by MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2008-10-13, 04:01 AM)Jeff Wrote: [ -> ]only a choice available to them when MyBB is open source.

Well, not every open source project uses open source forum software (no, I'm not going to name any), but we thought we should only use open source software. But we also wanted the best software.

We sincerely hope other open source (or closed source) projects will also switch to open source forum software, and we think MyBB would be a good choice.

Rob
Cool, congrats to MyBB! Hopefully others will follow soon!
Congrats MyBB! That's a real good step forward.
It's great to see that such a great and influential community such as KDE has chosen to use MyBB at their core. Plus they've said they're contributing back to the community with plugins etc.

Forgive me if I've missed something, but which are the plugins that they've already contributed?
Quote:KDE is a very popular windows manager for Linux.

It's available for other OS's too.

FreeBSD
Solaris
Mac
Windows (yes really)
I did think about changing it to Unix as that covered most of the other OSs you mentioned but thought it would just be easier for him to understand Linux.

And I did not know about it being possible on windows(may have to do some messing around later).
(2008-10-13, 04:04 PM)Jinxed Wrote: [ -> ]they've said they're contributing back to the community with plugins etc.

Community is what we're all about...

(2008-10-13, 04:04 PM)Jinxed Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive me if I've missed something, but which are the plugins that they've already contributed?

Well, I've uploaded them last weekend, as soon as the announcement was made, but they're still awaiting validation...

You can also download them from the Announcements forum at forum.kde.org.
(2008-10-13, 08:50 PM)OhReally Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've uploaded them last weekend, as soon as the announcement was made, but they're still awaiting validation...

I've taken a look and they're pretty awesome. Thanks!
Thank you!

If you're going to install them, please remember to re-install them as soon as they're released at mybboard.net, so you can enjoy the advantages of the plugin version checking system.
(2008-10-13, 08:50 PM)OhReally Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-13, 04:04 PM)Jinxed Wrote: [ -> ]Forgive me if I've missed something, but which are the plugins that they've already contributed?

Well, I've uploaded them last weekend, as soon as the announcement was made, but they're still awaiting validation...

Validated
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5