MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] 'Database Configuration' db_.php Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I enter my MySQL settings on the Vbulletin 'Database Configuration' page I get the following error.

"Warning [2] require_once(/*/mybb/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 77 - File: convert/index.php PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)"

The * represents my actual directory but it looks like it can't find inc/db_mysql.php.
Your running MyBB 1.4 right?

Did you accidentally override your config.php?
Yeah, I'm running 1.4 and the config.php is still there on the test install I'm using. Smile

Not sure what the deal is.
Can't reproduce here. If you open up your config.php is everything correct?
Yeah, everything is ok in my config.php. I get past the welcome and the license agreement, select 'vbulletin 3.6 or 3.7', enter my vbulletin database settings and then I get the error.

It's weird because it looks like the script has no problems determining what $config['database']['type'] is before it gets to that point to make sure that I have MyBB installed and is the right version (lines 26-37).
Can you PM me FTP details, and the information you used to put in the Database Configuration?
Do you have register globals turned on?

Edit: Yeh, looks like you do. That's causing the problem. I could work around it, but register_global's won't even be allowed in the next version of PHP, not to mention how big of a security risk it is to turn it on
This bug has been fixed in the latest version of the MyBB Merge System.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update for the MyBB Merge System will be released which contains this fix.

With regards,
The MyBB Group