MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional User Settings Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in being able to moderate individual users and came across Dennistt's Additional User Settings plugin:
http://dennistt.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=98

I am new to MyBB and have just installed version 1.4.2. This plugin did not seem to work with the current version of MyBB so I was wondering if there is an updated version of this plugin? If not, is there any other plugin that allows you to moderate individual user's posts so that they will require moderator approval, like you can do with google groups?

Thanks
Just some advice...I normally create a "limited" group where I place members that I want to have restricted access...such as no PM's, unable to make new threads. or create a signature. Do you really feel you need to make member X and member Y and member Z all different restrictions? Well...just think about how you can implement what you want given the current mybb system.
What I would like to have is a moderated group, where all members of that group must have their posts approved by the moderator before the posts are displayed to the forum. It doesn't seem that mybb has a builtin capability to do this. That is why I am looking for a plugin.

(2008-10-13, 04:21 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Just some advice...I normally create a "limited" group where I place members that I want to have restricted access...such as no PM's, unable to make new threads. or create a signature. Do you really feel you need to make member X and member Y and member Z all different restrictions? Well...just think about how you can implement what you want given the current mybb system.
I agree that needs to be an option. To do approve all posts by forum is ok but it would be nicer if it was a group option too. I might look into creting a plugin to do that eventually.
Regarding my plugin... http://community.mybboard.net/thread-36540.html

I haven't updated it yet because I am waiting on some new plugin hooks to be added in the Admin CP.
May I ask about the status quo of this plugin for 1.4? How about the chance to get this in the near future running?

Beside labroccas way to restrict users, which I prefer in generell as well, this plugin is a very fast and easy way to restrict users.

Thank you in advance. Smile
When this plugin version 1.4 will be adapted. Information can be given?