MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prune Topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've recently come across this as the forum has grown and topics are becoming "old"... Pruning topics isn't a feature in myBB and I think it would benefit a lot of people - especially the larger forums the software is attracting these days!

I probably wouldn't stop there - "Empty Forum" (from the ACP only) would be a good feature.

Prune Topics Suggestion
+1, as long as if there was an ACP setting like you said to empty it isn't just with one click.
I noticed it - and the one Dennis did for 1.2 - but they're automatic...

There are so many options in moderating a forum to pick from it's probably a lot of work to make a "god" plugin for all the options. The KDE plugin is good, but it's only for those that reach a certain age (therefore rendering search practically useless, granted, nobody really uses it anyway).
Quick question?

is post count lost when posts are pruned?
Well they get deleted so yeah... whether it requires a recount and rebuild to make it show the true post count or whether it updates instantly, I don't know.
(2008-10-13, 10:06 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well they get deleted so yeah... whether it requires a recount and rebuild to make it show the true post count or whether it updates instantly, I don't know.

Kinda what i figured. Maybe it is me but i for one would never prune posts. I'll clear out old images/attachments that are well over a year old but thats it.
(2008-10-13, 10:39 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda what i figured. Maybe it is me but i for one would never prune posts. I'll clear out old images/attachments that are well over a year old but thats it.
Really? I wouldn't even do that. I think it ruins threads too much.
(2008-10-14, 08:34 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-13, 10:39 PM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda what i figured. Maybe it is me but i for one would never prune posts. I'll clear out old images/attachments that are well over a year old but thats it.
Really? I wouldn't even do that. I think it ruins threads too much.

I should have worded that better. I was talking about stuff that really doesnt relate to my sites theme which is the weather. Stuff like peoples own pics they post i never touch or if it relates to a big event i dont mess with. Usually junk stuff is the target and or double posted images which i get a ton of on my type of site.
(2008-10-14, 08:59 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Usually junk stuff is the target and or double posted images which i get a ton of on my type of site.

[Image: wavespam.gif]
Pages: 1 2