MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New member emails notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still in the set up stage for our new forum and have a few questions.
Is there somewhere that the admin can alter the email a new member receives when they first sign up? To try to be brief, I am going to actually set up each new member myself since this forum will be for use by people who join our dog training club and park. I'm not anticipating alot of users who join from elsewhere, but I'm not ruling it out.
I'd also like to have our members screennames be their first name and last initial which is another reason I'll be setting up everyone to start out with.
I'd also like to put in place a notice that members who join online will have to use first name last initial as well.
Any suggestions?
Thank all,

Question update:I never got any responses, so I thought I'd see if I can rephrase instead of starting another thread. Is there an auto email thing on activation with mybb? If so, where is it? If not, what is the plugin? I tried a couple of plugins last night but never got any to work,maybe because I'm on a Mac? Thanks all for the help, as you can probably tell I'm more comfortable using a forum than managing one.
updated question
Mail On Activation Plugin

Plugins should work on whatever operating system you're on. What plugins were you trying?

It's probably easier to state on the registration page that the username is (ideally) the first name and last initial. You can alter the Member Templates to create either a new table (like forum rules) or simply a CSS notice that MyBB uses here on the front index page....
Thanks, Tomm. That's the one I tried yesterday. I'm currently on a pc at my p/t job but will try that plugin again when I get home. IIRC I downloaded it and it went in my download file but when I clicked on it nothing happened. No response at all, no error message, nadda. If I sign in as admin to my forum here and download it from this computer is that ok to do?
As long as you're not breaking your company's IT usage policy, it should be fine.

Download the plugin, and follow the readme. Most plugins are uploaded in the inc/plugins/ folder. Go to your ACP => Plugins (left menu), and then click on activate next to the plugin.