MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors with 1.2.14 -> 1.4.2 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I wanted to try MyBB but I'm a little stuck here. Since I need to use the Merge System (comming from phpBB3) I first installed MyBB 1.2.14 (this went well), used the merge system 1.0RC3 (also went well) but then with the upgrade from 1.2.14 to 1.4.2 I got stuck.

The automatic upgrade system didn't worked (it hangs at 'Performing necessary upgrade queries..') so I tried a manual upgrade of the database (using the 'upgrade12.php' file from the install/resource/ folder) in phpMyAdmin but that also gives errors (see attachement for the MySQL server error output). I guess this is also causing the automatic upgrade process to hang.

Any suggestions for a solution to complete my upgrade? Thanks in advance!

Extra info:
  • phpMyAdmin: 2.11.4
  • MySQL: 5.0.51a
  • PHP-version: 5.2.5
  • Webserver: Apache/2
Quote:I tried a manual upgrade of the database (using the 'upgrade12.php' file from the install/resource/ folder) in phpMyAdmin but that also gives errors (see attachement for the MySQL server error output). I guess this is also causing the automatic upgrade process to hang.
the upgrade12.php is a PHP file, not a SQL file, which is why you are getting SQL errors when you try to import it.

How big is your forum? When you say the upgrade "hung", do you mean it finished loading the page but with a white screen, or was the page still loading, but just taking a long time to load?
The database is 0.820 MB (aka very small).

With 'hung' I mean the mybb installation page was ready loading but still displayed the line 'Performing necessary upgrade queries..'
You could always try another browser, it sometimes times out in some browsers for me Confused
(2008-10-15, 02:25 PM)regenerate Wrote: [ -> ]mybb installation page was ready loading

Sorry I don't understand this. Can you tell me if the page finished loading? (Yes or no)