MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Merge system is cutting language strings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had the following forum description:

Temas generales sobre la nueva versión del foro

and when I merged it:

Temas generales sobre la nueva versi

So, seems like the Merge system splitted the string when it found the character:

ó

I also noticed this in the admin CP settings text.

Why is this? IT is "escaping" the text when it founds some characters like
á é í ó ú
Both forums are 1.4.2 and are configured to be UTF-8 spanish language.
Can you send me your old database so I can reproduce it myself on my localhost?
(2008-10-14, 01:51 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send me your old database so I can reproduce it myself on my localhost?

Sure. PM'ed you with it Smile

I can see that this didn't happen with the posts. But it did happen with forum descriptions (forum table) and admin cp settings (settinggroups table). Maybe it happened in other places, but they're not visible at first sight.

Both forums were configured with UTF-8 Spanish Language. And they both where installed from a fresh 1.4.x package (if this is useful, the source DB was installed from 1.4.1 and then upgraded to 1.4.2 before merging. and the merged DB was installed from 1.4.2)
Ah that explains it. I'll just need to apply the utf8 conversion function to those
(2008-10-15, 01:54 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Ah that explains it. I'll just need to apply the utf8 conversion function to those

if you are avaible can you add a utf conversion for this chars too?
çöiışüğ ÇÖİŞÜĞ

couse 1.2.x's utf conversion of acp's cant convert those chars from latin series to utf too. if you can add that it realy be nice Smile

(also 1.2.x's merge system gives errors with too.. and admin cp's utf conversion cant solve that)
(2008-10-15, 04:30 PM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-15, 01:54 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Ah that explains it. I'll just need to apply the utf8 conversion function to those

if you are avaible can you add a utf conversion for this chars too?
çöiışüğ ÇÖİŞÜĞ

You don't simply "list" what characters you want to convert in the function. All of that is done on PHP's end. If you have problems with certain characters you either haven't converted properly to UTF-8 or there is a bug in your PHP Version
So.... jeje, is this being fixed? Smile

Let me know when you're done with this fix so I can help and test it again Big Grin
(2008-10-15, 10:32 PM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]So.... jeje, is this being fixed? Smile

Yes, it's being worked on
Okay I put up a new SVN snapshot which should resolve your problem. Your going to need to reupload the whole package because there were other changes made from the last snapshot
Ok, worked great for the forum descriptions this time, but it is still having this problem with the admin cp setting groups descriptions (the setting groups titles are converting OK) Undecided
Pages: 1 2