MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Programs that work in wine!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lufbra if you need help partitioning and stuff for setting up a dual boot. Just ask there are people who have done it many times(me being one).
(2008-10-16, 03:23 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]It's kinda like wanting the best of both worlds, surely something has to give, what's wrong with the programs that are created for Linux?
Well i do wan't the best of both worlds and i can almost always achieve this so why compromise?

I also don't see any form of Linux equivalent of Flash or most RAD programs (such as Delphi and the Microsoft Visual studio suite which i don't have running currently but i have heard alot of people do and i will be needing soon) and it is also good to be able to take your work between Linux and Windows and not have any compatibility issues which is often only available using Windows programs. And what if i want to develop software for a Windows machine or the software is by Microsoft?

We all know that unless everyone stops using Windows and starts using Linux that big software companies like Adobe are not going to start supporting Linux so thats why a partition is impracticle and even if they did then there would be alot of issues trying to support all the different distros

I switched to Linux because i felt that it was a better operating system so why should i compamises for Linux when there are so many pros and so few cons of running Windows software through Wine? I don't see any fundermental reason why not?
Pages: 1 2