MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Login to Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I backed up my database in order to move my site to a new server.

Installed the forum on the new server .. its running ok.

Dropped all the tables in the database on the new server and uploaded the backed up database tables into it .. fine so far.

Started the forum and logged in .. so far so good .. everything is working .. all the old threads,users and passwords etc from the old database are there.

BUT .. when I try to go to the Admin CP .. a login box pops up and it won't accept my user name and password. It says I am not an Administrator or not logged in.

My username and password work fine to enter the forum and the User CP though.

I checked the users table in PhpMyAdmin and my username and password are correct (I have a copy of the encrypted version of my password so I know its correct)

I'm also correctly listed as group 4 ... but it still insists I'm not the Admin when I try to log in. In the forum it lnames me as the Admin.

Its not the database backup as I tried with several fresh backups with the same problem.

Its not the new server as I tried it on my old server as well. I made a new install on my old server and tried to restore a copy of the old database to it ... same problem.

Then I made another fresh install on my old server .. backed up its data base and deleted the forum. Then I installed the forum again and restored the backup from that previous install .. same problem AGAIN!!

Tried all this on the the new server too .. no go!

There is no problem restoring a backup to its original forum installation .. its only when I want to restore it to a new installation the problem occurs.

So how can I fix this?

If my server goes out of business I HAVE to rstore the database to a new installation somewhere.

Thanx
Rolleyes
Never mind .. solved it! Just deleted my cookies and emptied the cache .. Bingo! Problem fixed!Big Grin

Gee it's good when you can answer your own questions!

Toungue