MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade 1.2.6 to1.4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried to upgrade and it just overwrote my database. Theres something not right with the upgrade process, its not smooth enough.

Let me know how it goes.
It overwrirtes if you install again.

./install/index.php will create new empty tables.

./install/upgrade.php will just upgrade the current tables.

And it's very smooth, have you seen the VB upgrade process?? At elast with MyBB you don't need to manually change any files.
I did a demo just then and when i did /install/upgrade.php and got a MySQL error.

I'm alright. My forums back up and working, I'll figure out how to upgrade when I need to upgrade to the new version.
Well you must have done something wrong. You just upload the changed files, and make sure you select the correct version from the upgrade page.
(2008-10-14, 08:56 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]Wink
(2008-10-14, 08:50 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-14, 08:35 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-14, 07:04 PM)p911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-14, 05:13 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Many people have done it. If you follow the instructions closely you'll be fine. Make a backup of your database and files first though.

And you should go to 1.4.2.

Thanks Matt, there are several ways to make a backup what do you think it's the best way to do?

Quote:Export File Type: GZIP Compressed/
Plain Text.

Save Backup: Backup Directory/
Download.

Backup Contents: Structure and Data/
Structure/
Data Only.

Analyse and Optimise Selected Tables: Yes No

Perform a sequential backup?: Yes No

Thanks again Matt.
Do I need to download the whole MyBB 1.4.2 or just some files?

Hello Matt,
I have downloaded MyBB 1.4.2 and I'm going to replace and upload the maps and files complete and I'll see what happens?
Thanks Matt so far and I'll let you know how this adventure works out!
Huh
Hello Matt,
I've installed MYBB 1.4.2 but something went wrong I think...I got this message:
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

What do you think I did wrong?
You haven't done anything wrong, you have to visit ./install/upgrade.php

Make sure you select version 1.2.6 from the list. If you don't, you'll probably screw up your forum.
IHello,
I've reinstalled my old forum and start reading the whole instal procidure again.
I didn't know about to start with MYBB 1.2.6 I've just replaced 126 with 142 but that did not work out?
Yeah when you have uploaded the 1.4.2 files you have to upgrade the tables by visiting ./install/upgrade.php and doing what it says.
Hello Matt,
I'd like to try it again installing 1.4.2 but where can I find the right upgrade procedure from MYBB 1.2.6 to MYBB 1.4.2
Thanks.
./install/upgrade.php

Just choose 1.2.6 from the list when you're there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4