MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I screwed up something while playing (cannot modify header information)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, my problem is after editing my member.lang.php file, to have a custom registration announcement, login no longer works. I get the "cannot modify header information" error(s) as shown in the image below, then it redirects to the index.php as "guest".

I read this thread here with the same problem: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-390...r.lang.php but I did not want to hijack his thread.

Screenshot: [Image: 87409704ql2.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

I already checked the cookie domain and path in settings.php and in my ACP. Both are set to ".mysite.org" and "/". So that didn't work out. I'm not good with coding, and looking through functions.php, member.php etc., I don't see anything obvious that needs to be changed.

Any other suggestions? It has to be something with cookies, but I've run out of ideas. Thanks

EDIT: I guess you want a URL, removed, problem solved.
Ok, the best thing to do would be to erase all changes, if you do not know what there was, maybe install a new forum "shouldn't take long" And copy that. Although you would need changes. I recomend any other change you may make, open notepad and c&P the original, saved me lots of times. That is the fastest way in my opinion!
Thanks for the response, I *really* don't want to have to reinstall everything now, so I uploaded the original member.lang.php file, and overwrote the one I edited and it works again now.

So I guess there is no easy way of editing the registration announcement?

EDIT: reason being, the forum has Adult content for registered users, and I wanted to add and "over 18" part to it, without using the birthdate plugin I read about.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you had the member file Big Grin Glad its working for you
CHMOD the language files to 666 and edit the variables in the ACP.
777 won't work for that? Not hard to change it either way, just wondering.

EDIT: I guess not, it's actually set at 604. Thanks for the replies, this should hopefully work.
666, 777, won't matter. 666 is the minimum it needs to write, it wouldn't use the permissions given to it by making it 777, but neither will it not do what you want with it at 777.
Worked perfectly, thanks. I didn't realize it was that simple to edit from the ACP. So lesson learned, just edit the member.lang.php file from the ACP, and no problems =)

Thanks again, I appreciate it!
No problem Smile