MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integration of mybb in my site and the navigation string
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a newbie on Mybb, so forgive my ignorance...

i have 3 main questions:

1) i see that in this site the forum is integrated into the site graphics (see top menu with baloons) how can this be acheived? is this something special for your site or is easy achivable with some includes or plugins?)
2) i want to use the users database / login system of mybb to give access to other private area of my site avoiding to double the registration of the users, i figured out how to make a correct login form but to handle the session and the redirection to the right page after login is not as straightforward, can you give me the code i have to write in my php pages to include the right
3) last and simple how can i add the navigation bar on the top part of the board to have an easy navigation to the previus levels?
(as my english is not so good i try to make an example, in this page i mean the links in this text line:
MyBB Community Forums / MyBB 1.4 Series / MyBB 1.4 General Support / New Thread )

Long post with many questions i hope i can get an answer as i'm stuck with it :-)

Many thanks
(in the end i have another thing to mention, every time i click on another text area for example the subject then i clcik back in this text area it gives me a javascript error: Invalid argument, this happens also with my board, i'm using i.e.6 any clue?)
(2008-10-14, 11:14 PM)Perhogan Wrote: [ -> ]2) i want to use the users database / login system of mybb to give access to other private area of my site avoiding to double the registration of the users, i figured out how to make a correct login form but to handle the session and the redirection to the right page after login is not as straightforward, can you give me the code i have to write in my php pages to include the right
Marc O'Connor wrote a tutorial on integrating MyBB into your website via the login form.
Lupus2k5 followed up with another tutorial on basic site-forum integration

(2008-10-14, 11:14 PM)Perhogan Wrote: [ -> ]3) last and simple how can i add the navigation bar on the top part of the board to have an easy navigation to the previus levels?

The breadcrumbs are created through MyBB's templating system. I don't have access to the source code right now (I'm on my lunch break at work), but there is a method for adding entries to that list.
Thanks this is exactly what i needed!