MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

this is the error my install is telling me.. what am i to change these to?
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.
Rename inc/config.default.php to inc/config.php
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
CHMOD inc/config.php to 666
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
CHMOD inc/settings.php to 666
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
CHMOD the cache folder to 777
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
CHMOD the uploads folder to 777
(2008-10-15, 01:01 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
CHMOD the uploads/avatars folder to 777
thank you.. im almost finished with the installation ^_^