MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Database Host
This is the server where the database is. Unless told otherwise by your host, this should be localhost. This option is not necessary for SQLite installations.
Database Username
This is the username you created or you use to access your database for MyBB. This option is not necessary for SQLite installations.
Database Password
This is the password for the database username that you entered. This option is not necessary for SQLite installations.
Database Name
This is the name of the database that you would like MyBB to install to. This option is not necessary for SQLite installations

this honestly doesnt help me any.. O.o
If you don't know how to setup a database, you should try looking around (Google, your host, etc) as this is out of the scope of MyBB Support.
You need to ask your webhost what to enter in.
Database name is the name of the database you create.

Database username and password is sometimes something you create for the database, sometimes it's what you use to log into your control panel.

Database host is usually localhost but can be something like mysql.freewebs.com or something else depending on your host.

What host do you use, and what control panel (e.g. CPanel, Vista Panel...)?? If I know that I can be a bit more specific.
If your host is like mine it has the Cpanel url and on that URL it is www.host6.yourhost.com:9873 <<<< Localhost:9873

"DONT USE MADE UP"
THats what the localhost is

My database username "once made" would be something like mydomainco_databasename
My username would be mydomainco_databaseusername

My password would be ••••••

Easy!
yea.. i figured out about 5 mins after this thread.. sorry for wasting your time.. i read an old PM from Matt_.. btw, thanks Matt_
(2008-10-15, 08:04 PM)mcgroove Wrote: [ -> ]If your host is like mine it has the Cpanel url and on that URL it is www.host6.yourhost.com:9873 <<<< Localhost:9873

Probably won't work. cPanel is usually on port 2022 and some hosts may not have the "host6" numbering.