MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paypal Subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to do a paypal subscription that will automatically move a member into a group or group promotion when they pay via paypal?

Or is it a plugin?
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1613.html

And before you ask, yes you have to pay to get it.
Smile @ Matt

You did never give them a chance to ask even Smile
No thanks I aint paying for it..
Even though it'll enable you to make money??

Undecided
(2008-10-15, 09:19 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1613.html

And before you ask, yes you have to pay to get it.

(2008-11-24, 10:33 AM)Combo Wrote: [ -> ]No thanks I aint paying for it..

(2008-11-24, 10:34 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Even though it'll enable you to make money??

Undecided

General Answer

I joined mybbcentral.com long before the fees. I fully intend to someday pay the very reasonable fee. $5 per year is nothing if you ever expect to make money.

"Million Dollar" Answer

The main reason I keep putting off paying for plugins, is because I'm (slowly) teaching myself how to actually write secure code. I'm learning really valuable skills, partly due to the fact I always forget to pay the $5. Smile

Labracca, donates to MyBB. IMO, people complain way to much about the small charge.
You have to spend money to make money. If you pay $5 to get something that brings in $100, what's wrong with that??

Also you want users to pay you but you don't want to pay a small fraction of that to someone else??

Confused

Well anyway, it's up to the individual whether they want to pay or not I guess.
==off-topic==
Search "mybbcentral" with "Matt_" author here in mybb Support
there is a great number of posts with the same content...

I know mybbcentral is a major site to plugins then why didn´t they get a banner here in mybb support forums anyway? so ppl won´t be surprised with paid access to quality plugins to a free script wich best goal is plugin easy install
The Wordpress and Joomla communities have paid plugins for their free scripts.
I think it's less common with Drupal.
Quote:No thanks I aint paying for it..

I wonder how you would feel if someone at your own forum said the same thing to you when you asked them to subscribe for your forums. Seems a bit hypocritical to expect a free plugin which it's purpose is to make you income. I wonder how people think the way they do. Amazes me everytime.
Pages: 1 2