MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enter database info, then blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My fix was install another message board. I got no resolution to this mybb problem, so that's what I had to do.
(2008-10-15, 07:02 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Does it take you immediately to the blank page, and then finish loading? Or does it load for a long long long time, then finish loading? Does it finish loading at all?

Immediate to a blank page.

Watching the "page load status bar" goes quick, but when looking at the source for the page, it is an empty page: i.e. no html data at all.

I let it sit there for 5 minutes while I went outside and screamed. Smile
I have the same problem.

I set the permissions right. Everything is normal. If I enter wrong info, it gives me an error message on the same page. If I enter the right stuff, just a blank page, nothing happens, no SQL instructions are executed either.

I use 1and1.com hosting, perhaps it may have something to do with this? Perhaps certain htaccess rules are needed for this step. Perhaps it is because 1and1 puts MySQL server on a separate server, and I entered the db server address but no luck.

Well it's not a php.ini problem and doesn't seem like Rewrite Base / is affecting it either, so probably not an htaccess problem. Seems like a bad release by MyBB.
(2008-10-22, 11:38 PM)eXecute Wrote: [ -> ]I use 1and1.com hosting, perhaps it may have something to do with this? Perhaps certain htaccess rules are needed for this step. Perhaps it is because 1and1 puts MySQL server on a separate server, and I entered the db server address but no luck.

I am hosting this on my own servers at the office, Mac OS 10.4.11 with the MySQL install on another server within the same rack. It doesn't look like a permission problem.
Then it's pretty obvious , that this is a coding error. Sad
I would like to help get this solved for mybb and the users.

I can't replicate this and often that's the first problem troubleshooting. How can you fix what you can't see?

So can anyone with this issue please PM me their FTP and phpmyadmin access. I will do my best to quickly find a solution. I am sure the cause is something small as it's not effecting everyone.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-39505.html

Problem discovered with mysql version 4.0
(2008-10-24, 01:25 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Problem discovered with mysql version 4.0

Okay...have to upgrade more than I thought.

Coolness
Upgrade to MySQL 4.1.22-max-log got me past the blank page.
mysql 5 is great...you really should use it...lots of added features for optimal queries and caching..no reason not to upgrade. It's one of the simplest things to do.
If you'd like, PM me the FTP and database information and I'll look into why it isn't working

Edit: I see labrocca has already looked into it
I am getting the same problem, fresh install and never used this forum software before. My host is 1and1, and I've never had problems installing any other forum packages in the past.

Seems to be a coding problem somewhere with the latest version you have on your site? Downloaded it 2 days ago.

I was really looking forward to using this forum software, hopefully I will not have to look somewhere else.

Edit - I will add that the SQL hosts 1and1 use are remote and not localhost, maybe that can help isolate the problem.

ie: Host: dbxxx.perfora.net
Pages: 1 2 3 4