MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just a Question (About Default Theme Used Here)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why isn't the Default MyBB skin/theme used here on the MyBB website? (Just wondering).
Not sure what you mean. They all follow the same color scheme.
(2008-10-16, 03:19 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean. They all follow the same color scheme.

I mean the style used on mybboard.net is not the same FLUID width style supplied with your product.
Just curious as to why you don't use the "plain" standard layout is all. (Personally postbit_legacy doesn't function well here because of the fixed width.)
(2008-10-16, 03:22 AM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 03:19 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean. They all follow the same color scheme.

I mean the style used on mybboard.net is not the same FLUID width style supplied with your product.
Just curious as to why you don't use the "plain" standard layout is all. (Personally postbit_legacy doesn't function well here because of the fixed width.)

To be fluid with the current design. We can use our own Theme editor can't we? :p
(2008-10-16, 03:27 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 03:22 AM)Baldilocks Wrote: [ -> ]

To be fluid with the current design. We can use our own Theme editor can't we? :p

LOL. I wasn't asking to be negative, but I would just like an option to choose a fluid style when I view this site. Only because i like the old postbit style and having all the left postbits mismatch just gets under my skin a little.
The forums are fixed-width because the rest of the site is fixed-width, and having just the forums be fluid would be extremely strange. I think the better solution would be figuring out how (if at all possible) to fix the classic view.
(2008-10-17, 02:32 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]The forums are fixed-width because the rest of the site is fixed-width, and having just the forums be fluid would be extremely strange. I think the better solution would be figuring out how (if at all possible) to fix the classic view.

The only way I see to do that would be to do the following:

1. Limit custom user titles to 20 characters.
2. Limit user names to 20 characters.
3. Set the postbit classic field to a larger number.

That would probably do it.
Perhaps change this:

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>

to:

<td class="{$altbg}" width="25%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>

But then you would also have to modify the template that contains the Author/Message part as well so they match. Unfortunately I don't know where that template is for MyBB.
20% should probably be enough. I'll see if I can get an admin to change it.
Should be better now in most cases - the author column has been changed to 20% on these forums.
Ahh yes, that looks much better. Smile Thank you!